mercredi 29 avril 2015

Mind the gap: my crack at the UnderRound

The London Marathon isn’t the capital’s only running challenge. Katie King grabs her soggy travelcard and navigates 42 tube stations – including escalators – in a day

Skipping down the left hand side of the escalator, wearing capri tights and an ultra vest with a bottle of Evian tucked into the pocket, I’m going for the “Urban Adventure Jogger” look; instead, I’m probably coming across as one of those people who bounce up and down at traffic lights.

Crowds of people flow slowly through Euston station. I feel as if I’m at the beginning of a big city marathon and I’ve got the start time wrong. I reach the platform as a train arrives, unloading passengers. Awkwardly, I wait for them to clear before I snap a “selfie” by the underground sign, tap the yellow line with my foot, and scamper back up the stairs. An announcement asks passengers to report any suspicious behaviour; if I don’t fall into that category, I’m not sure what does. An hour later, I’ve repeated this six more times and covered a grand total of three miles. This could be a long day.

Continue reading...









from Fitness | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1QIVUqq
via FITNESS

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire