mercredi 30 septembre 2015

Glaciers, volcanoes and hot springs: can I really run across Iceland?

An adventure is finding new places outside your comfort zone. That’s why Robbie Britton and James Elson are running 342km across a sub-Arctic moonscape this week. That, and a love of hail

Today is all uphill. Four words you don’t want to hear when you find yourself on day five of a 342km run across Iceland. My legs are tired, but strangely my mind is looking forward to the next couple of days.

After five days of running across the desolate moonscape that is the central Icelandic highlands, battling a headwind for four of those days, while sleeping in toilets, barns, tents and anywhere else we could find, I’m a little tired.

Related: A race to the end: my first Did Not Finish

Continue reading...











from Fitness | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1GgYyfI
via FITNESS

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire