vendredi 25 décembre 2015

My mother has secret children from a first marriage

She left her husband and children to be with my father. How do I ask her about my half-siblings? Annalisa Barbieri advises a reader

My mother was 18 when she married her first husband. She got married to get away from her parents, who were loving, but rather strict and old-fashioned (this was in the 1960s). While married to her first husband, she had three children. They were still very young when she met my father and left her family for him.

If this makes my mum sound callous, it isn’t meant to. She was still very young and, I think, besotted with my father, who could be charming and good fun. But he was also a difficult man and their marriage eventually ended. He has since died.

Continue reading...











from Health & wellbeing | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1R0J9rD
via health

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire