vendredi 4 septembre 2015

My husband is becoming manipulative and uninterested – just like his mother

He acknowledges that her behaviour is unacceptable, but when I gently alert him to their similarities, he gets defensive. I fear it will cause us to fall apart

I have a very strained relationship with my mother-in-law. She is controlling, self-obsessed and our relationship only survives because I bite my tongue and keep my mouth shut. My problem is that I observe my husband gradually becoming more and more like her – he can be manipulative, uninterested, childish (when challenged, or when I try to reason with him) and when I try to gently alert him to the fact the he sometimes behaves in a similar way to his mother (whose behaviour, he acknowledges, is unacceptable) he becomes defensive.

My great fear is that I won’t find a way to make clear to him my concerns about our relationship at this stage (we have been together for eight years, married for three) in a way that he will accept and understand, before we find ourselves falling apart.

Continue reading...











from Health & wellbeing | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1KOIhEp
via health

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire