vendredi 27 mai 2016

Tim Dowling: ‘Here are your dignity shorts,’ the nurse says. ‘I’ll leave you to pop those on’

When conversation turns to the spirit realm, I normally feel excluded, because I have nothing to contribute. Not any more. Not after a recent trip to the hospital

I am sitting in my office, reading an information sheet titled Understanding Flexible Sigmoidoscopy. Although I’ve read it twice already, I keep skipping sections that I think won’t appeal to me. I’ve still managed to grasp its underlying message, which is: “You haven’t had a camera up your arse until you’ve had our camera up your arse.”

A week later, I find myself in a hospital examination room. A nurse explains the entire procedure in a manner that leaves me unable to skip the bits that don’t appeal to me.

Continue reading...

from Health & wellbeing | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1TKWGEp
via health

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire