lundi 1 juin 2015

Harriette Thompson, 92, becomes oldest woman to complete a marathon

• Cancer survivor clocked 7 hrs, 24 mins in San Diego
• ‘I don’t think I’d be living today if I didn’t do running’

A 92-year-old cancer survivor entered the record books on Sunday by becoming the oldest woman to finish a marathon. Harriette Thompson of Charlotte, North Carolina, completed Sunday’s Rock ’n’ Roll Marathon in San Diego in 7hr 24min 36sec. She was mobbed by well-wishers as she crossed the finish line.

“I’m fine, they’re really pampering me here,” Thompson said as she was congratulated on finishing her 16th Rock ’n’ Roll Marathon.

Related: Running: a great sport to start in later life

Related: Jessica Ennis-Hill has drive to score mother of all wins at Rio 2016 | Sean Ingle

Continue reading...


from Fitness | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1AIAm8t
via FITNESS

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire