vendredi 20 mai 2016

Experience: I was misdiagnosed with MS

Many people felt I should have been relieved or even ecstatic at this news. But all I could think about were all those years lost to a disease I didn’t have

I was 23 and studying to be a teacher when friends noticed I was slurring my speech and losing my balance. My GP gave me iron tablets for anaemia, even though no blood tests were taken; I was also told I must be depressed, even though I wasn’t asked about my mood.

I found it hard to do even the simplest tasks. I lost sensation in my fingers, making fiddly things such as doing up buttons difficult. I spent a lot of time in bed. My concentration slipped and it felt as if my brain was slowing down. Language, which had been my passion, began to recede.

Continue reading...

from Health & wellbeing | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1Ton30w
via health

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire