dimanche 22 mai 2016

Running the Caribbean: my taster of the Nevis marathon

Jogging with wild horses, climbing Mount Nevis and tackling Anaconda Hill – as a race location, this beautiful island is unique

Every runner has their bucket list. Since my first marathon in 2014, my ambition has been to complete all six of the World Major Marathon series. So far it’s New York, London and Berlin down, Chicago, Boston and Tokyo to go. But now I’ve got another for my list of dream races: Nevis.

A confession: when I first got a press release telling me about the Nevis marathon, I thought: “God, a marathon up Ben Nevis? Ouch.” (There is, of course, an actual Marathon de Ben Nevis.) But no, this one is not in Scotland, but on the beautiful Caribbean island that, together with St Kitts, makes up the Federation of St Christopher and Nevis.

Continue reading...

from Health & wellbeing | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1OSiD5q
via health

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire