vendredi 24 juin 2016

My workout: Charlie Dark, 45, night runner – ‘The best thing? You don’t need equipment’

Friends and colleagues began to say, ‘You’re a different person. What are you doing?’

I started running at night, because I was embarrassed to do it during the day. I teach poetry and creative writing in east London, and I didn’t want the children to see me sweating in the street. I loved rediscovering the city at night: the light, the traffic, the type of people you see – it all changes.

I was 35 when I started (I’m 45 now) and my body wouldn’t do what I needed it to. I have children, and that was an added impetus to get myself together. Friends and colleagues began to say, “You’re a different person. What are you doing?” I was running four or five times a week, following training plans as well as making it up as I went along. Within months, I started to change physically. Over two years, I lost around three stone.

Continue reading...

from Health & wellbeing | The Guardian http://ift.tt/28TWvVz
via health

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire