vendredi 24 juin 2016

A letter to … a woman at the checkout who was vile to me

The letter you always wanted to write

I emptied my basket slowly, items placed one by one on the conveyor belt, tucked neatly against the checkout divider. I studiously moved them into the order in which I would place them in my Bags for Life. Their solidness tethered me to the moment: if I focused on the job in hand, everything would be OK.

I vaguely became aware of you leaning over me, reaching across to add a handful of things to your shopping already being scanned by the cashier and packed by your husband and son. I concentrated on my things: very soon it would be my turn to pay and then I could go home.

Continue reading...

from Health & wellbeing | The Guardian http://ift.tt/28Xlbiu
via health

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire