jeudi 29 octobre 2015

Can I stop my husband severing our joint tenancy?

After our breakup, he took such action on the property we own together – without my consent. Do I have any recourse?

Q My marriage has broken down. I have property in France (where the family home is) and a house in Devon, which is let out. Both are mortgage-free.

My husband has severed the joint tenancy on our English property, doing this himself by copying information online. He notified me he was doing this and even asked me to agree. I refused, however, because he had offered to transfer title to me 100% as a settlement in return for me transferring my share in the family home in France to him. I am concerned that he will now attempt to sell his share or raise a loan, which is something he threatened to do before serving this notice.

Continue reading...











from Health & wellbeing | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1NauER7
via health

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire