vendredi 30 octobre 2015

Our marriage counsellor said my husband shows signs of Asperger’s syndrome

Everything that puzzled me about my husband’s behaviour suddenly became clear. But he is angry and won’t go to counselling sessions now

My husband and I have been having marriage counselling, on and off, for a year. We have been together for 20 years, having met in our late 20s, and have four children – two boys and two girls. I love him very much and I believe he loves me. But something seems to have come unstuck in the way we communicate, ever since having children, culminating in a particularly bad patch after our (unplanned but delightful) last baby was born, which prompted me to seek counselling for us. He was reluctant, but agreed to try.

The counsellor thought my husband showed strong signs of “mild, high-functioning Asperger’s syndrome”. It was like the clouds parting and the sun shining through. Everything that had ever puzzled me about my husband’s behaviour suddenly became clear. I began to read about the subject and found it immensely helpful and an enormous relief.

Continue reading...











from Health & wellbeing | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1NFiP3D
via health

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire