vendredi 24 juillet 2015

Bernard Lagat: 'There’s no way on earth I am ever going to run barefoot again!'

Multiple record holder and 13-time medalist Bernard Lagat on how to run the mile, enjoying a glass of post-race wine and why the 100m doesn’t do it for him

So Bernard, what have you been up to lately? I’ve been training hard since I came back from the US trials. I’ve had one race, in Lucerne, last Tuesday which went really well - I ran 7m 42sec [for 3,000m], which was my season’s best, and also it was a World Master’s Record for the over 40s [Lagat turned 40 last December]. Then I kept training, because I know that there are so many other races to come.

What are your plans for the future? Because the season is still kind of new, I want to run faster in the 5,000m. Hopefully, in September I can run under 13m 10sec. I’ve already mapped out the race I’m going to be doing that, in Berlin on 6 September. Then, of course, we have the World Indoor Championships coming up in Portland, Oregon, so I’m looking forward to that as well. That’s a step, maybe, towards Rio. But first I have to qualify for the World Indoors.

Continue reading...











from Health & wellbeing | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1JCeda1
via health

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire