samedi 25 juillet 2015

How can I tell my new boss that I’m pregnant? | Mariella Frostrup

A woman has landed her dream job and just discovered she’s pregnant. Mariella Frostrup says that she should celebrate first, then choose a moment to tell her boss

The dilemma This week I found out I’m pregnant. I had been told it would be “next to impossible” to conceive because of a fertility disorder, so in a way this is a mini miracle and I’m overjoyed. However, last week I started a new job at the multinational tech company I work for. It’s the career opportunity of a lifetime, but I’m dreading their reaction – if I can’t plan a pregnancy how can I manage this project? If I take six months’ leave I miss a lot of the work I was actually hired to do. Do I pull a Marissa Myer and go back to work after two weeks? How do I break the news to my boss? Help!

Mariella replies Congratulations! Despite all your associated concerns let’s first recognise what amazing news this is. Many women who’ve been given a similar diagnosis will be beside themselves with envy at your good fortune, so it’s important you allow yourself a moment’s celebration. We’re complicated creatures and that’s never more apparent than in the face of happy news. Seconds after we’ve experienced that initial surge of happiness we’re worrying, conjuring issues where they don’t exist or bringing to the foreground background problems and concerns.

Continue reading...











from Health & wellbeing | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1D2vGLJ
via health

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire