lundi 27 juillet 2015

How was your weekend running?

A low key weekend of running, or running in the Olympic stadium, like me? Yes really. Come and tell me about your weekend exploits below the line as always, though only after I boast about mine first ...

I’m pretty sure I should retire from running now. I may not (touch wood) have peaked in form, but I’m pretty sure I’ve peaked in terms of running-related experiences: last Friday I ran a mile race as part of the Anniversary Games. Yes, the ones in the Olympic Stadium. The Diamond League. The actual, real, honest-to-goodness Diamond League. I’m pretty sure I didn’t dream it, but only because I have the number still pinned to my shirt to prove it.

The event was the culmination of the Nike Milers series I’ve been training with, the slightly odd flip side to my marathon training - one minute I’m plodding out 20 miles and then next trying to ‘find my fast’. I’m not really sure I’ve actually found it - made passing aquaintance with it, perhaps - but Friday night was one truly incredible experience. Lining up at the startline next to Adharanand, looking up and around at the Olympic Stadium - filling up already with the real athletes kicking off around half an hour later - and seeing my name up on the screen, I think I muttered a rather ineffectual profanity.

Continue reading...











from Health & wellbeing | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1I43Jjz
via health

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire