lundi 31 août 2015

How was your weekend running?

Anyone who wants to get nerdy about running shoes for marathons, meet me below the line. Otherwise, tell me all about your bank holiday weekend running - how it went, or indeed how it’s still going. Though don’t type while running, that’s dangerous.

Ah, the classic British bank holiday weekend. Rain, rain and just for a change this August, some more rain. I have three pairs of waterlogged running shoes outside the front door, very slowly drying out. And yes, I have stuffed them with newspaper (see, print is not dead!) but even the sheltered front porch is permeated with damp.

Not that I’m complaining, I actually love running in the rain - at least when the weather is mild and there’s no danger of serious chill-factor. Which is lucky, as I think most of my runs last week took place in it. And what a heavy week it was: 74 miles for me (119km). Admittedly that’s largely because I had to do two long runs within that week, but still. 23 miles of rain on Monday and an 18 mile marathon pace effort (well, ok, 16 miles at marathon pace and two staggering around Battersea Park at a jog). Four weeks from Berlin marathon and just one long run - 21 miles - left to do. Gulp.

Continue reading...











from Fitness | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1Q2Oe0z
via FITNESS

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire