vendredi 29 janvier 2016

My father wants to be buried with my mother in their garden but the neighbours object

I respect my father’s wishes and feel the neighbours are being irrational. Am I too close to the problem to see what to do? Annalisa Barbieri advises a reader

My mother died in 2009. She intended her body to be used for medical science, but an unexpected problem made this impossible and funeral arrangements had to be made hurriedly and without careful thought. My father decided that she should be buried on their land. Due permissions were obtained and acceptance sought and gained from his near neighbours – a requirement in Scotland, where he lives.  

Shortly after the funeral, his neighbours said that they were no longer happy about the burial and wanted her exhumed and moved. For obvious reasons, this was neither desirable nor easily accomplished and the neighbours dropped their objection.

Continue reading...











from Health & wellbeing | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1Trzw6P
via health

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire