vendredi 27 novembre 2015

After an abortion, we should have split up, but I’m not strong enough to leave

My boyfriend’s brother and fiance are expecting their first baby and I question why we’re not in the same position, but I know our relationship is toxic

I have been with my boyfriend for six years. We met at university and have tried living together in his hometown twice. We recently went travelling together and, on returning to the UK, we moved to a city that was between our two hometowns. As a couple, we got on well but neither of us managed to integrate wholeheartedly. I was hurt when he told me he was accepting a job back home without consulting me – he would be commuting three hours each day.

Just after this decision, I found out I was pregnant. It was a shock and his immediate reaction was to “get rid of it”. I felt completely on my own and cut off from my support network, and so, with regret, we came to the unimaginable decision to terminate.

Continue reading...











from Health & wellbeing | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1ll8yjC
via health

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire