vendredi 27 novembre 2015

My stepmother stopped us being with Dad when he died and I’m devastated

My sister and I saw Dad on his deathbed, but were not allowed to stay until the end – I can’t forgive his jealous wife

My dad died nearly two years ago, following a very short illness. He lived a long way from me and my two sisters after his second marriage, which lasted 18 years. His divorce from our mother left bitterness with her, but my two sisters and I were supportive and visited when we could. 

When he was very ill, we visited and tried to be as helpful as we could. Dad had a stepdaughter and son and I always thought we got on, though I did not see a lot of them (for some years I lived abroad). The night he died, I travelled down with one of my sisters. My stepmother phoned and said we could be with him for a while, but then go as she wanted to be alone with him when he died.

Continue reading...











from Health & wellbeing | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1Q2sPX0
via health

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire