vendredi 26 février 2016

How can I stop unwanted Zamano text messages eating my phone credit?

Texts from Zamano Solutions are costing me £3 a time, but I don’t know who it is or how it got my details

I have a basic pay-as-you-go phone without internet capability which I use infrequently, generally to call home if I am late or to send short text messages to friends. I have never, ever used the phone to donate to a charity, vote on a television game show or anything of that sort.

In recent months I noticed I was having to top up far more frequently than I would normally expect, so decided it was time to investigate. After a number of frustrating interactions with Vodafone customer services about this – online, in one of its shops and on the telephone – I was eventually told that a company called Zamano Solutions is apparently sucking money out of my account on a regular basis, £3 at a time. I was told to text STOP to 66033 to ensure this doesn’t happen again but was unable to do so. I got a message saying “access to this service is denied”.

Continue reading...











from Health & wellbeing | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1KRMXeY
via health

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire