lundi 29 février 2016

We are due to get married but our sex life is almost non-existent

Health anxieties and depression have affected our relationship so much that I’m worried we will become permanently celibate

My fiance and I do not have regular sex. I am a high-level paraplegic and he is able-bodied. We have been together for six years and are due to get married this summer. Over the past two years, I have struggled with severe health anxiety and depression which has rendered our sex life almost non-existent. I am truly worried our relationship will become permanently celibate.

Any change in the power dynamic between two partners can affect their delicate erotic balance – for better or worse. And when one partner is, or becomes, the other’s carer, this can have a detrimental effect on their lovemaking. One reason for this can be that the act of helping someone who is physically needy can awaken parental, filial or familial feelings that – in a complex psychological fashion – link sexuality with the taboo of incest.

Continue reading...











from Health & wellbeing | The Guardian http://ift.tt/1RewjTk
via health

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire